Courtesy Gary “The Big Kahuna” Wallace, Speedorama Shows
February 1, 2006, Toronto, ON - Once again, the wheels of some of Canada’s finest Hot Rods, Street Machines, and Custom Cars will grace the fabled floors of the Automotive Building at Exhibition Place in Toronto.
On February 3 - 5, 2006, Speedorama returns to its roots, the Automotive Building, the place where it all began. In the early 60s, car shows were in their infancy but the events held here were legendary. The greatest cars of the time were displayed in this building. “We are going to celebrate those early triumphs with our return to this venue,” said Gary Wallace the Big Kahuna of Speedorama Shows “this years event will offer our car owners, enthusiasts and fans the greatest show on wheels”.
The Automotive Building was constructed in 1929 by architect Douglas Kertland at a cost of one million dollars, an astounding sum at the time. It was purpose built to display the fruits of the growing automotive industry and in the years since has been the home to many unique automotive events. “Our return to this fabulous building with two display levels will allow us a more intimate and exciting presentation that will only enhance our show,” noted Gary.
To ensure that Speedorama 2006 is a huge success, and to kick off what will be a full year celebration, the Roadmates, celebrating 50 years as one of Canada’s oldest functioning car clubs, will also return to the building where they hosted many of the shows during the 60s and 70s. Once again, the club will be out in full force, displaying many of their vehicles and acting as host for this memorable event. “We are proud to be able to host once again in the place where it all began for both our club and the car show industry in general,” said Derek “Duke” Brown, president of the Roadmates Car Club.” We invite all our friends and car enthusiasts to come out to see what we have in store for the whole year”.
Speedorama, always a car crazy event, will continue its leadership as the event to see and be seen at. Once again car owners will vie for the BIG PRIZE,” The Dean” a tribute to the pioneer of Canadian Custom Car Show Promoters, with a whopping $10,000.00 in cash. There will be an additional $20,000.00 in other cash awards and prizes up for grabs.
Speedorama is famous for bringing to Toronto first, the very finest and the hottest cars and celebrities of the year. 2006 is no different.
For information about Speedorama call 416.462.0132 or visit online at WWW.SPEEDORAMACARSHOWS.COM
EXHIBITION PLACE, TORONTO
FEBRUARY 3, 4 and 5, 2006
- CHIP FOOSE, World Famous award winning designer and builder, Host of the hit TV series OVERHAULIN’ appearing Saturday and Sunday
- COURTNEY HANSEN, Former co-host of hit TV series OVERHAULIN’ and now Host of Spike TVs weekend Power Block automotive shows, and present FHM superstar and monthly writer of Courtney’s Garage
- Relive Harvey’s “The original Home of the Hot Ones”, the place to be cool in the late sixties and seventies
- A nostalgic walk back in time of the first car shows in Toronto, club jackets, pictures, trophies, t-shirt, and other nostalgic novelties
- The original General Lee from the hit TV series “The Dukes of Hazard”
- Limited FREE Parking
- Reduced ticket prices with Themed Days:
Friday - Guy’s Night Out
Saturday - Take a Kid to the Car Show
Sunday - Guys and Gals
- Each day with a coupon, you can enter the show at a reduced rate of $15.00 - Except for Sunday, it is $15.00 a COUPLE (one male one female)
- Kids 12 and under get in FREE with paid adult
- FREE collectible Hot Wheels to the first 1000 kids under 12 Saturday and Sunday
- FREE collectible Hot Wheels to the first 500 adults Saturday and Sunday
- FREE posters
- Friday night the 21st Annual Miss Auto World Bikini Pageant
- Saturday night Miss Legs Competition
- HO scale replica of the world famous Lemans track
- Over 100 commercial exhibitors including 12 Speed and Performance Shops
- More rods and customs than the Automotive Building has ever seen before