Thursday, June 14, 2007

Nick Wittmer returns to Mosport

Courtesy Service Presse

Montreal, Quebec — Nick Wittmer will be returning this weekend on a track he almost calls home for having raced so many times in the last years, Mosport Raceway in Ontario, Canada. The 22 year-old driver will be pairing again with American Glen Bocchino in the #31 I-Moto Acura TSX for the fifth round of the Grand Am Koni Challenge.

They will look for a better result than the 12-lap DNF thay experienced in Lime Rock some three weeks ago. Meanwhile, brother Kuno Wittmer will take some time off after last weekend’s double header in Watkins Glen where he enjoyed only one good result: the older Wittmer brother was sidelined with a mechanical issue when a cv joint broke on his Realtime Racing Acura CSX but he recovered in the second round to finish a rewarding fourth, to keep within striking distance in the standings.

‘‘Mosport has to be like coming home, claimed Nick. This is one of my favourite facilities even if we will be in Trois-Rivières in August. Mosport, probably with Mont-Tremblant, has to be one of the most challenging race strip in North America and I know Glen and I can do very well. We have put our last race hiccup (engine) behind and are looking forward to a podium finish this time. The crew at I-Moto have put our car in mint shape and we hope the weather stays clear and warm.”

“I came back from Watkins Glen with half a smile, grinned Kuno. The upper-state New-York track is outstanding and I wanted to get closer in the standings. In the first round, I almost took the lead in the first corner and was fighting hard for the victory, at least a podium spot, when one of the half-shaft let go. The results indicate I crashed but the only thing that crashed was a cv joint on my car that keft me very disappointed. In the second race, I started ninth and reeled in a few guys before finishing fourth overall. I’m still seventh in the standings, only nine points away from fifth and third is still within grasp.”

No comments:

Post a Comment