Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pete Shepherd O'Reilly Raceway Park Preview

Peter Shepherd returns to the seat of the No. 50 Northern Tool + Equipment Ford this weekend at O’Reilly Raceway Park.

Shepherd will make his first NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series start at ORP in Friday night’s Power Stroke Diesel 200 Presented by Ford and International.

The No. 50 will once again carry the colors of Northern Tool + Equipment this weekend, in a reverse scheme of teammate Erik Darnell’s No. 99 Ford.

The No. 50 team is bringing chassis RK240-34 to ORP. This chassis last raced at Milwaukee, where Shepherd started 18th and finished 32nd.

Shepherd finished 32nd at Kentucky last week after being involved in an early accident.

PETER SHEPHERD ON O’REILLY RACEWAY PARK. . .
“I’ve never raced here, so I’ll be relying pretty heavily on my crew and teammates to help me get dialed in. I was here at the track last year for the truck and Silver Crown races, and I think I learned some things in watching those races that will help me. We had a pretty disappointing race at Kentucky, so we’re looking to rebound from that this week in Indy.”

MATT PUCCIA ON O’REILLY RACEWAY PARK. . .
“We’ve got a lot of confidence in our short track program, we feel that this is Peter’s best chance to show what he’s got. He feels most comfortable at these smaller tracks, that’s what really suits him. We’ve got a great truck that we’re bringing this week, so we’re expecting a strong result.”

From Rory W. Connellan // Roush Fenway Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment