Friday, August 19, 2005

Bessette : The moment of truth

Courtesy Michel Poirier, Bessette Racing

Saint-Bruno, Quebec, August 19 : Antoine Bessette and Polestar Racing Group will be among the hard chargers that will go racing when the green flag is waved Sunday afternoon on the famous Road America course, stage of the eleventh rounds of the Toyota Formula Atlantic. As a matter of fact, not only does the only Canadian driver want to among the pack leaders, he wants nothing less than a win before the season simmers down in his hometown one week from now.

“Don’t get me wrong, claims the 23 year old, until I am not out of this championship title race, I want to do all I can to win events and get as close as possible to the top in the points standings. Ideally, I would still like to be in contention and fight for first place in the final round on the Gilles-Villeneuve race track in Montreal. I have nothing against Charles (Zwolsman): he has had a great season and would be a deserving champion, but I want to play my cards until the end. And Road America is a track I’ve always wanted to drive. Needless to say, Montreal is my favorite venue.”

AB has been very competitive this season, winning one event (Toronto), earning five podiums along the way. “Edmonton and San Jose were very costly in terms of points, he adds, because I was running for another podium. But that’s racing and I never get tired of taking the Unik Auto Design car to the track because I know it’s going to be exciting and I will be among the drivers vying for the victory. Fun we find in racing one another, like I did with Charles in Denver when we passed each other a few times on the same lap!”

Antoine Bessette is fourth in the season standings, two points from third place. Practice sessions will take place Friday at 11:05 and Saturday at 11:50 AM. Both qualifications are scheduled Friday at 4:15 and 4:00 PM. Sunday’s warm-up is set for 9:40 with the feature race starting at 1:00 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment